01 - 02 - 01 - 33 - Micah - Commentary on the Book of Micah
Commentary on the Book of Micah
Father Tadros Y. Malaty
THE BOOK OF MICAH THERE IS NOTHING LIKE...!
Amid the pitchdark conditions of the nation and the corruption that prevailed on all levels: political, religious, and civil leaders, together with common people; the prophet Micah reveals the exalted love of God for man, yearning to His sanctification.
If the prophet’s name, meaning (There is no one like Jehovah), reveals his mission, the book as a whole speaks about:
· There is nothing, like sin: horrible and destructive; yet the grace of God is greater.
· There is nothing like a nation enslaved by sin! Yet the divine heavenly city of God is waiting for us.
· There is no one like the evil leader, destructive to himself, as well as to the congregation; but God is our Leader!
· There is nothing like the Church of the New Testament, rising up to the heavenly places.
· There is no one like God, the forgiver of sin, the philanthropic, and the abundantly merciful.